Friday 28 January 2011

The time is coming….

Time to get back on the road!

Scotland - Glen Coe 2010 081

It is that time of the year where all the horrid negativity of winter is starting to subside and the people with a passion for biking wants to get back on the road.

In Scotland we don’t usually have a problem with snow, but this year it surpassed our expectations… One instance I can mention is that fact that I was stuck in traffic for 6.5 hours, trying to get home, a total of 30 miles… It was a Monday…

Geppetto

Chris, the above greenery in our garden will hopefully recover from the shock of snow

Basically what this means is that my girly bike was under the covers for at least 8 weeks now… I am shaking, my valves are bouncing, I am ecstatic about the fact that it is getting light earlier in the mornings…

Micro expressions

Soon it will be mating season and people will behave like idiots on the road, including me… I can’t wait!

This year is a particularly big year for me, in regards to biking off course, Jamie has a new hairstyle and his helmet might be a wee bit big for him… (http://www.justgiving.com/hairyjamie), make sure you donate, it is for a worthy cause.

 

Mauro will have his his big boys’ toy soon which means we only need to stop for petrol when I need it, every 5 miles. Also, Mauro will be a testosterone junky… we need to get him an inflatable…airbag?…

I am in charge here!

The four of us did have a few short conversations about what is going to happen and we have to make a decision soon as Visas/Passports come to mind.

Happy

We are talking about something a lot more exciting than last years’ wee runs, we are talking distance, stamina, dedication, focus and probably a flat or two.

We are talking about doing a trip, not necessarily an epic trip, but a trip with an epic experience. We are considering either an extensive UK trip or a wee poke at the main land (Europe), Europe is rather big so a lot of research is required, especially, where do we get spares for Ann’s bike…

What is very likely to happen is that we will revisit last years’ routes in Scotland with addition of a few changes, however this time round we will make sure we can capture video footage… Big foot’s video camera was a bit temperamental last year, however I have been told the minor glitches will be resolved, I will add a rig to my bike as backup, just to show how his marshmallow helmet bobs around on his heid.

I will make a conscious effort this year to post plans and follow up with results so you can see what we wanted to achieve and what we actually saw, last year we did a lot more than planned on each trip and it was absolutely awesome… 2010 was a turning point in my life where I realised what the difference between dreams and reality is, I know it wasn't that spectacular to outsiders, but it was what I lived for in summer!

Weekend runs are the baws!!!

Lets summarise last year:

The bikes in Scotland

Kelso run

Electric Brae - Scotland

West Coast of Scotland

Electric Brae

Electric Brae, what is says on the tin, the day the hooligans bikes overheated!

Hamish

Hamish, my buddy!

Scotland - Glen Coe

Another prick in the wall

No comments:

Post a Comment